i have never ever EVER liked the taste of bakes/cooked banana, like EVEEER until i tried a recipe i found online for banana muffins from cosette's kitchen ( which is one of my favorite food bloggers and you MUST follow her )
those muffins made me realize the amazing taste baked banana have that is similar to caramel which is why i changed a bit in her recipe and started making this super delicious banana bread with dark chocolate chunks!
try it and you will love me more 😛
Perfect banana bread
2 ripe bananas ( 1 extra for decorating on top)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup regular white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all porpose flour
1 tsp. baking pwoder
1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch on salt
1 cup dark chocolate ( 70% cocoa) chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 160 C, rack in the middle.
- Butter a rectangular pound cake pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Smash the bananas til smooth, mix in sugar, egg and oil.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder , bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well using a wooden spoon till well combined then add the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the batter to the pan, cut the extra banana in half by length and place it on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or till it golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cook on a wire rack in a room temperature.