This type of Boreek is usually considered as a side dish, which goes along with any main dish specially in special occasions such as weddings, for me it works perfectly for ramadan as it could be prepared ahead of time, filled with anything you desire also can be freezed before baking and it turns out so yumy.
2 small onions ( chopped )
3 tbsp vegetable oil
½ kg minced meat
½ tsp salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 tbsp chopped parsley
10 sheets of Filo Pastry
2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tbsp melted butter
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add chopped onions, stir until soft, add the meat,
- salt, pepper, parsley and stir well.
- cover the saucepan and cook the meat until all the liquid is evaporated (10-15 minutes)
- Set it aside to cool then add the egg and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 160C, prepare a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper.
- Brush each filo pastry sheet with a little of the oil and butter mixture, place about 1 tbsp of the filling and fold it into a triangle, repeat with all the sheets.
- Bake the Boreek for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
You can change the filling to be Vegetarian with Spinach and Cheese